No - all inserts and insoles in your own shoes must be removed first before inserting your new orthotics
For the longlife of your orthotics please read the following guidelines:
- Wear your new orthotics with new well fitting shoes. Old shoes or badly repaired shoes cannot support your orthotics.
- Wear you new orthotics for a few hours each day for the first week.
- Week 2, wear your orthotics over longer periods of the day.
- Week 3, you should now be able to wear the orthotics full time.
- Some people experience discomfort which eases over time. Remember: Discomfort is allowed, however, persistent discomfort or pain is not. If this is the case - please contact us to organise a review appointment.
Do not immerse in water, wipe with a clean damp cloth. Should your orthotics get wet, take them out of the footwear and allow them to dry naturally, do not place near or on radiators.
Living with the corrections provided by the shoe modifications may take some time to get used to. The shoe modifications should not be painful; however, it is not uncommon to feel some initial discomfort. The break-in period should not last more than two weeks. If you experience rubbing or blisters, please book an appointment with ourselves. If you are experiencing pain after two weeks please book a follow up appointment Samuel. Shoe modifications can often be modified or refurbished.
Appointments & Invoicing
Yes - it is necessary that you have a prescrition to get an appointment in Welter's. Welter's makes orthopaedic footwear which must be prescribed eg by a GP, a physiotherapist or a podiatrist.
|Orthopaedic Surgical Orthotic
|Special Orthotics – Neuromuscular Orthotics
|Special Orthotics – Senso Motoric Orthotics
|Build in Orthotics
|Surgical Handmade Shoes
|Modular shoes (Diabetic Prophylax, Rheumatic Shoes
|Shoe Modification – incl. Consultation
In accordance with revenue rules, orthotics and orthopaedic footwear are vat exempt, on presentation of a prescription. www.revenue.ie
In all other cases vat at 23% must be applied.
Prices quoted are vat exclusive.
All no show or late cancellations will incur a fee of €45.00 in line with company policy.